"A portrait is not an identificative paper but rather the curve of an emotion" -James Joyce

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pride

I definitely put in my hours today.  Ahhh...Linen! Why didn't anyone tell me that this stuff stretched so much better than canvas, and it smells like hay.  I am excited to paint on it.  This was made with 1 x 2, masonite, glue, some synthetic corner molding, and hardware.  If I was a rockstar the corners would be mitered, I did hand carve the recesses in the crossbars.  This is the kind of stuff I love.  It's easy to tell if it is done right and when it is over.  While I have been doing this, I have also been furiously taking photographs of my subject, my Grandmother-in-law.  Tommorow it's gesso and oil primer time, which to me is the beginning of the painting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment