"A portrait is not an identificative paper but rather the curve of an emotion" -James Joyce

Monday, November 26, 2012

Winter Games

     I am temporarily titling this triptych "Schumann, Pepperoni, mini-blinds."  It is about the portrait in general, and what it entails.  I see this as a triple portrait three times, with a distinct shift in focus and intent with regard to the physical and visual dialogue.  This piece is largely about cadence and the senses as the title implies, and I am also trying to show a variety of painting sensibilities under one roof as they apply to the individual.  The paintings are a bit larger as they have been cropped in this collage and the color is more monochrome thus far...the blue in the bottom right of the third is cool but false.  I was working with a slightly wet ground which is tricky and something that I want to make sure to moderate closely.  They are drying with the windows open to my studio and sub-freezing air rushing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment